Saturday 4 February 2012

The Self-Righteous Registrar

Today has gone from bad - to okay - to good - to interesting.

I didn't really sleep last night because I was too hot and then I was too cold and then my pillows weren't right and then of course when I finally did get comfortable at 4am, I needed a pee. That meant leaving my bed at 5:30 and getting up to go to the loo. So, when I my alarm went off at 9am to get myself sorted and up to pick up a van I felt like a zombie, when I saw the mirror, I looked like one too.


We picked the van up to move the furniture from the house at about 10ish, we got to the house about 10:20. I am very proud of Adam today. It was his first time driving a van and I think he did rather well. If he was nervous he certainly didn't show it! I tell a lie, I think we got to the house about 10:40. This wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to go to the Registrar's office in town for 11:30.


I was trying to push them along to get things done quicker in a polite way but it just wasn't happening. In the end I had to ring the Registrars office, at 11:26 (the accurate timing will be explained in a moment), and tell them I was going to be late. I was put on hold for a couple of minutes and finally got through. I sniffled and coughed through a couple of sentances explaining that I was going to be late because I was moving house and it was taking longer than expected and blah blah blah and the lady on the other end of the phone said, "Well, how long do you expect to be?" I replied, "Hopefully not too long I'm just waiting for my taxi down to the office now but I'll be there as soon as I can", to which she retorted, "Well, it's two minutes to half past now and you're supposed to be here at half past. If you are too late we may have to cancel the appointment". I told her that I'd be on my way as soon as possible.


I got there at 11:40. Ooops. But luckily they didn't cancel my appointment and I was able to go in and proclaim my eventual marriage to Adam WOO HOO! It's a good job I know stuff about him though, like his birthdate, otherwise I'd have been pretty screwed. The registrar still wasn't very nice when I got there.

I printed out a mock paper version of my invitations today and put them with the wallets, they fit perfectly and even got the seal of approval from Adam so we are doing well.

If cat's had thumbs
AND!!

I was also able to buy the bridesmaid dresses!! WOOHOO So, now it's just some serious fingers being crossed and prayers being said in hope that they arrive here on time, because the date of arrival on the website said 21st April, unless you wanted to spend an extra £15 on each dress to get it here at the end of March. I don't think so.


End result = I am penniless but happy. If that makes any sense?

1 comment: