Monday 9 January 2012

Patches

My mum said apparently in the pioneer times when a young woman was to be married she should have made 8 blankets in her life, well I haven't even finished one or let alone started one... silly pioneer traditions.

However, if they counted for scarves I would be well in, since I think I have made about 3/4 by now. Oh, I'm talking about knitting by the way. It's quite strange because as mum reminded me the other day this time last year I didn't really know how to knit at all. I was knitting in straight lines and in the past 365 days I have made a couple of hats a few patches for a blanket a couple of scarves and that's about it really. I've been a very busy girl.

Not my knitting
Mum is coming over on Thursday to specifically help me make some 'booties' or more commonly known as baby boots. I think it will end in disaster but you never know.

Not much done in the way of wedding planning today, but I suppose knitting is marriage planning in the eventual future when I have pitter pattering feet everywhere (not to mention the screaming all the time).

I haven't seen this in my Calender yet
Something else I am doing in the way of marriage planning is 'syncing' mine and Adam's calenders with this funky one that we bought just a little while before Christmas as it was on sale and made me laugh. That's right a 'HIS & HERS' calender. The month of January it says "Derek had treated himself to a new home cinema with plasma screen, DVD writer, internet connection, record and playback facility and surround sound" then underneath it has a speech bubble coming from the woman saying "If only you could switch it on..." at least Adam isn't that bad.

I just started writing in all the weekends Adam will be here; the weekends I am up there; when his beloved Newcastle United have home matches; my birthday; Emily's birthday; Bethany's birthday; the two weddings we are going to before our own (March & April); when we have to go to the registrars office, I just have to remember to take the calender with me when I move... at the end of this month and let me tell you, my house is in no fit state to be moved. Haha this next four months... is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment