Thursday 3 May 2012

Itsy Bitsy Bits

When I started planning mine and Adam's wedding I don't think I realised just how much was involved. I am happy to say that besides the cake everything has been paid for, and we have a honeymoon booked. Sure, it's Blackpool and sure it's not somewhere abroad like we'd have wanted. But, since neither of us can remember going there before at all - it'll be a good experience to share together.


But when planning you think of the big things, dress, suits, cake, ceremony and reception location; you kinda forget the smaller stuff, like cake stands and decorative flowers in the Chapel room etc. I think the itsy bitsy bits have actually cost us just the same as the bigger bits - thank goodness we haven't had to pay anything towards our Reception location, but it is home and it is where we would like to be. I'm so glad that Adam and I chose to get married in Bradford and I am thankful to all the people who have said they will come, from places as far as Switzerland and Luxembourg! I cannot wait until next week.

So, I know, I know, I've been a little 'lacking' in the blog posting department recently and even though I have loads to tell you, I also have loads to do. This is just a mini catch-up and run down of what has been happening the past couple of days:

Tuesday
Bridesmaid dresses arrived - I posted about that already

Bridesmaid Dresses - Looksee Here!

Wednesday
I went to Costco yesterday and Makro so I'm just deciding which one I like most, but I think I am edging towards Makro, however, I am not sure if they have one in Newcastle. Surprisingly enough they are cheaper than Costco and have a wider range of things. Joyce and I were stood staring at lots of plates, lots and lots of plates, different sizes, shapes, colour, material. My mind was almost boggled. Joyce told me not to settle for anything that I didn't want, but, as I said yesterday "right now, it matters that everything goes and looks perfect, but to be honest, on the day, I won't care, it won't matter' which is true. It won't. If we hadn't have had so long to plan I probably wouldn't have done as much as I have. It'd have been cake and biscuits or something. I also bought more cutlery yesterday too just incase people don't want to use the same knife, fork and spoon all the way through. Yes we were supposed to be borrowing from someone, but, we are just using clear ones now - that has taken a little cost out of the budget that we didn't budget for, so I'm having to sacrifice elsewhere but oh well you have to do what you have to do. So, yesterday at Makro and Costco Joyce and I bought:

Plates
Bowls
Knives, Forks, Spoons
Plastic Cups
Chocolate Jazzies
Chewy Bars

I know I didn't need the last two, but sometimes, you just gotta.


Thursday/Today
I bought the last of the flowers today for the Reception. Country Baskets didn't seem as daunting as it did before and we fulfilled our mission quicker than last time - 2 hours quicker. I was trying to imagine all my flowers in bottles and we only got a limited amount of flowers due to funds so hopefully it'll look good. I want to create a spring effect and maybe real flowers might have looked and smelt better but oh well what can you do? We bought a lot of flowers that go with the bouquets so it'll look really good on the day before when we set everything up with all the lights and things. It's the itsy bitsy bits that count. That given it that finished overall effect.

At the moment I am slightly addicted to watching 'Say Yes to the Dress' and 'The OC'. Don't ask me why. I obviously need more drama in such a drama filled life.


Things that still need to be done:
Order of two days
Cutting of organza & table roll
NEED MORE BOTTLES
Cake knife and cake stand
Design and write thank you cards for all favour bags
Design and write sweet tokens for the sweets table
Organise transport for Reception-y things from house to chapel
Actually set up the reception and chapel room


Full days until the wedding: 8 (and a half)

No comments:

Post a Comment